Recruiting a GRP Finisher in Southampton/Hamble
Established in 1992, GRP Boat Repair Specialist Ltd is owned and led by Julian Willmott. His experience in the yachting industry dates back to over 40 years and includes work both in the UK and abroad.
We are currently seeking an experienced GRP finisher who has worked on a variety of yachts, ideally up to Super Yacht standard. Applicants require a minimum of 2 years experience and an excellent understanding and knowledge of the maritime industry.
As a highly-skilled finisher you will need to work to short deadlines and take responsibility for producing a good quality finish. At GRP we have a high reputation for our repairs being seamless and invisible, therefore, the ability to accurately colour match is critical in this position. The right person will receive a long-term contract with us and the opportunity to develop into a project leader.
- Laminating and finishing with polyester / vinylester and epoxy resins.
- Completing large and small repairs.
- Removing surface imperfections and finishing
- Gel coating and colour matching
- Bonding of complex composite assemblies
- Repairing and finishing a range of product lines
- Competent use of a variety of tools including wet/dry paper, finishing compounds, orbital sanders, polisher, DA sander, long boards and blocks.
- Trimming GRP using air-driven cengar saws.
- Maintaining a tidy and clean area of work.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Competent with all aspects of GRP and FRP repair
- Competent at reverse repairs with laminating skills showing through.
- Competent to fill and fair to profile.
- A thorough understanding of GRP / FRP finishing and associated processes.
- Working with coloured gel and split lines
- 40 hours a week
- Full-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends if needed
- Abroad if required from 2 weeks – 3 months
- GRP Finisher: 2 years (Required)
- Colour matching ability (Required)
- Experience working on boats over 40ft (Desired)
Full driver’s license required.
If you would like to apply please email over your CV to email@example.com